I am proud of my Conservative values.
Conservatives help those in need with ‘a hand up’, helping them to better themselves and together we make Britain ‘GREAT’.
I totally oppose the ‘something for nothing culture’ that socialism relentlessly encouraged under previous Labour governments whether through a lifetime on benefits or an open door immigration policy and the protests in London the day after the general election just go to prove that the far left still find it difficult to, indeed they refuse to, respect a democratic vote. We must never let then govern our great country again.
Once again Labour & the Liberal Democrats showed they were desperate for power and promised everything and as at the last election, weaponised the NHS and called for a reduction in the voting age. A clear attempt to politicise children.
Even more shocking was that they called for EU citizens to be given the right to vote in our general election again in order to fix the result. They were clearly not fit to govern and I’m pleased to see the country decided they weren’t either in the December 2019 general election.
To contact me call 07572 463898
You can follow me on Facebook too.
A very warm welcome to my Peterborough City Councillor website and thank you for reading.
Talking to you on your doorstep has revealed what you’d like to see done in our ward.
Venue hire fees for surgeries cost the council directly so non attendance is wasteful. I’ve therefore decided to organise them as and when necessary going forward to meet your needs. Please call me if you wish a private consultation and I will arrange to come to you or organise a suitable venue accordingly.
The basic councillor allowance (which includes travel and telephone allowances) is currently a taxable £10,100 per annum. I also receive a taxable special responsibility allowance for being Chairman of The Planning & Environmental Protection Committee. I pay for my annual car parking permit.
Community Leadership Funds are granted to city councillors each year so if you have a community based project that needs funding please let me know so as we can arrange a meeting and discuss your application.
If you have an event or fund raising date coming up please let me know.
Born in Peterborough to working class parents I was brought up on council estates in Gunthorpe and Paston and educated at Gunthorpe Primary followed by Walton Comprehensive School. I joined Eastern Electricity Board as an apprentice electrician in 1979 after a short interim job at Cantors in Long Causeway studying at Havering and Peterborough Technical Colleges. In 1996 I became a refrigeration engineer with Iceland Foods where I progressed to technical support and training manager, then after a short term position with an international air handling company as the UK service manager I moved into my current employed position as an Electrical Engineer and started up my own Electrical Contracting and Loft Insulation business.
I moved to Park Farm in 1998.
My interests include a passion for family life, my friends, motorcycles, carp & coarse fishing and voluntary work. Being a practical person I tend to study factual information rather than fiction although I love a good spaghetti western or sci-fi film.
My history of service to the community
- 8 yrs in St John Ambulance Brigade. Over 2000 hrs of voluntary public service. Awarded ‘Grand Prior Award’.
- 5 yrs public service as a Special Constable with Cambridgeshire Constabulary in Peterborough.
- Founder and chair for 5 yrs of a National ‘Respect Award’ Winning Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
- Launched the ‘Pick 1 Up’ litter campaign which resulted in over 200 bags of litter being removed from the area.
- Negotiated and planned the £35K refurbishment of Park Farm children’s play park.
- Pushed for adoption of un-adopted developers common land in Park Farm to ensure regular ground maintenance.
- Worked with Community Payback Team to maintain un-adopted areas by cutting the grass and shrubs, litter picking, removing graffiti and cutting in of several fishing swims along the riverbank. They also repainted the railings as you enter Park Farm for us.
- Awards received are Service to the Community Award from Cambridgeshire Constabulary, Government Respect Award for taking a stand against ASB and the Heart Heroes Award for Best Community.
- I served 3 yrs as the Chair of the Stanground East Neighbourhood Policing Panel.
- I was a member of the Peterborough Civic Commons project. A group where local people, local decision-makers and leading thinkers from around the world met in London and in Peterborough and discussed new ideas and the things that mattered to them.
- I served as Chair of the Fletton, Stanground & Woodston Neighbourhood Committee.
- I served as the Deputy Mayor of Peterborough for the year 2014-2015, my wife Rita being the Deputy Mayoress. (Read More)
- I served as the Deputy Chair (Political) of the North West Cambridgeshire Conservative Association.
- I am a blood donor and on the bone marrow donor register.
- I have been the LA School Governor at Heritage Park Primary School for 10 years.
- I am Chairman of The Planning & Environmental Protection Committee.
- I am Chairman of the Sustainable Growth & Environmental Capital Scrutiny Committee.
- I am a Permanent Member of the Corporate Parenting Committee.
- I am the Conservative Policy Chairman.