Fantastic results again for Heritage Park Primary School.
We only ever seem to read about failing schools in the press but there is some truly inspiring work being done by many in our schools across the city not least our own Heritage Park Primary, so here’s some great news we can all celebrate.
• The unvalidated Key Stage 2 data from the 2017 national tests and teacher assessment of writing show that outcomes achieved by pupils at the expected standard are well above those nationally in Reading, EGPS (English, Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling) and Mathematics. This is also true of the proportion of pupils achieving a high scaled score in those subjects. Pupil outcomes in writing are also above those nationally at the expected standard and greater depth.
• Key Stage 2 progress outcomes are above those achieved nationally by pupils with a similar starting point for reading, writing and mathematics. Mathematics progress outcomes are well above average and are likely to be in the top 10% outcomes of schools nationally.
• The proportion of pupils achieving the expected standard in reading, writing and mathematics combined is well above average. This is also true of the proportion achieving a high scaled score/greater depth in each subject.
• These impressive outcomes show that pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education by the time they leave primary school. This was also the case in 2016.
• Key Stage 1 outcomes are in line with those nationally with particular strengths apparent in the proportion of pupils achieving the expected standard in reading and greater depth standard in mathematics, both of which are above average. Writing standards at greater depth are well above average at the end of Key Stage 1.
• Phonics outcomes at the end of Year 1 and Year 2 are both above those nationally. It is also noted that the proportion of pupils achieving a good level of development at the end of EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) is above that nationally.
Information provided courtesy of the Assistant Director of Education.
Take a bow Heritage Park Teachers, TA’s, Children, Parents, Carers and everyone else involved in helping our children achieve such consistently outstanding performance. You are a shining light.